Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Definition






Welcome to "Philosophy for dummies". Just kidding, but I would like to mention that a good starting point for any philosopher of any kind needs or should or is best to start any theory or philosophizing with a definition. A definition of an important word in the work. A working definition helps build a solid foundation. A concrete setting to your home of theory or theories.


When a definition is at the beginning it sets the mood, and can always be pulled from again when working with the theory itself. When a person gets lost in their own work, they can always go back and see what they're really trying to say, or make a point about. For me, I always lose my head in the clouds, so I know that I need to look back a lot at the beginning of my thesis and realize what it truly is that I am saying or thinking. To make something clear and brilliant. Making something jump out and poignant is my goal every time I write something. That is my absolute goal in anything I do, to make something more clear or more interesting or worth examining. That is the work of the philosopher, that is my work, my hobby, my love, and my every waking existence.

No comments: